In today's unpredictable economic times, you want to make sure
that your vacation investment is protected, before and during your trip.
Emergency Hospital & Medical Insurance for Canadians
When the unexpected happens, you need help. With our travel insurance, help is just a phone call away, 24/7, no matter where you are in the world.
You may be surprised to know that:
- Your government health insurance plan has limits for medical expenses incurred while travelling outside of your home province.
- If you have an accident or fall ill while visiting another province, not all the costs associated with your medical care are covered by your provincial health plan.
The coverage you receive includes:
- Emergency Hospital & Medical
- Meals & Accommodation
- Act of Terrorism
- Transportation of Family or Friend
- Return of Travelling Companion
- Return of Vehicle or Watercraft
- Pet Return (Dog or Cat)
- Return of Deceased
- Accidental Dental
- Dental Emergencies
- Emergency Transportation
- Return to Original Destination
- Identity Fraud Recovery
- Trip-break option
Coverage is available from 15 days of age onwards for Canadians whose government health insurance plan will be in place for the full duration of their trip. You must complete a medical questionnaire and contact us if you are age 60 to 74 and travelling 16 days or longer or if you are age 75 or more and travelling for any trip length.
Note: This information is only a summary of the coverage provided. The travel insurance policy has terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. For the complete terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions please see the Emergency Hospital & Medical Insurance for Canadians policy (128 KB).